Project Manager/ Commercial & Construction Director
Shay Murtagh Group is a leading designer, manufacturer, and installer of precast Infrastructure products and solutions in the UK and Ireland. We specialize in pre-stressed and precast concrete products, including concrete storage tanks, bridge beams, culverts,walls, and tunnel segments. Within our Group Structure, Shay Murtagh also undertakes on-site construction and installation of precast concrete in hospitals, schools, Prisons, industrial factory,and houses, and residential apartments.
Within the Utility Sector, Shay Murtagh is involved in the supply and construction of significant civils infrastructure on many large projects throughout the UK and Ireland.
Due to our continuing growth and expansion within our Utility business in the UK, Shay Murtagh Precast is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team. The Role will primarily involve the site coordination and management of our construction and installation activities across the UK. The role while primarily site based, is located at the Group Office of Evans Concrete Products in Somercotes, Derbyshire, UK DE55 4NX.
You will have to attend the head office to complete a number of team activities and coordination works and reporting activities with the project manager and Commercial and Construction Director as required by the needs of the business.
Group Office: Somercotes, Derbyshire, UK DE55 4NX
Work Activities, Role Scope & Responsibilities
- Coordination of site activities in conjunction with Project Manager and Site Foreman and also monitoring for compliance with design and dimensional accuracy of the installation of precast elements and construction works.
- Setting out and providing datum-level information to our construction /installation teams
- Technical responsibility relating to projects on site including (but not limited to) reading and interpretation of all construction drawings.
- Liaise with the clients site team to communicate all projectrequirements.
- Liaise with the production manager at the factory in relation to production programming of precast elements for site-based projects that are to be installed by Shay Murtagh Ltd.
- Coordination and management of subcontractors and suppliers for site projects along with PM.
- Preparingmethod statements &crane lift plans for approval.
- Record keeping of all site-related activities and Daily Site Diaries.
- Quality checking and compiling of Inspection reports such as BCAR as part of the ITP.
- Attending of site meetings and maintaining and communicating of meeting outcomes to the Project Manager and Site Team
- Coordination, communication and monitoring of site H&S requirements in conjunction with the project and health &safety manager.
- Completion of site audits, toolboxtalks, safety compliance documentation, and site inductions and coordination of these activities with H&S Manager and client’s representatives where required.
- Assist the projectmanager with the scheduling of all labour, plant and equipment, and materials resources required to complete the successful delivery of projects.
- Assist the projectmanager with project programming and control works progress against agreed programmes
- Liaise with the transport manager in planning and scheduling of all delivery requirements for site.
- Working knowledge of auto-cad and Eurocodes along with good IT skills including Microsoft packages.
- Possess good organisation, planning, and time management skills, a flexible approach and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Willingness to develop commercial acumen, in addition to technical skills as part of your commitment to ongoing self-improvement as part of your CPD.
- Any other appropriate responsibilities as required by the job function.
Skills & Qualities For the role:
- Degree qualified (L7 or L8) in Civil/Structural Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Over 1-year experience in a similar role ideally
- Demonstrated mathematical and technical skills
- Ability to think methodically, plan and manage projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Over time, develop negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate
- Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential and being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proficient inAutocad or similar programs used within the current construction climate.
- Full clean valid driving licence is required.
- Safe-pass or any other related construction tickets are advantageous.
- Hold a current Appointed Persons (Lifting Operations) qualification
- Willingness to travel and work on project sites across Ireland & UK
Salary / Remuneration:
The role outlined is one which is understandably demanding on time and will require a self-motivated commitment with a reliance on you to manage your time around the competent delivery of the role and responsibilities set out above. For this position, we are prepared to offer remuneration that is aligned with the role and responsibilities highlighted within this document.
- Fuel Card allowance (for use in company-related travel)
- Company Mobile phone with e-mail will be provided.
- A companylaptop will be provided.
- Other out related pocket subsistence expenses will be paid on receipt& or through the use Soldo pre-paid business card
- Cost of training and renewal updating of existing retained industry training certifications
- Leave entitlements 20 days plus usual public holidays
- Additional annual leave holidays at years 5 and 10
- Death in service benefit after 2 years’ service (2 year’s salary)
- Probationary Period 6 Months
- Enrolment in company pension scheme after 6 months.
As with all Shay Murtagh positions, we are an equal opportunities employer. If you need any assistance in the application process, please contact 044 9374108. We do not require the assistance of agencies at this time.