Evans Concrete were contracted by St. George for the design, manufacture and installation of precast concrete panels for the newly designed London Dock.
St. George who fall part of the Berkely Group, bought the £150million site in 2012 and secured planning permission in 2014.
The site, which dates back to 1804, was originally used for the storage of tobacco, wine, and brandy. In more recent times it had been the home to New International, who used it for glossy magazines and as a service area.
The new development is set to have 1,800 new home when finished, as well as 200,000sq ft of boutique shops, independent restaurants, artisan workshops and a secondary school for 1,200 pupils.
Evans concrete were delighted to be contracted to a project that had great history behind its location. We designed, manufactured and installed Circa 1100 precast panels with all associated fixings. We also supplied and fixed Kingspan K15 insulation to the rear face of the precast panels and a Horizontal AIM Wall Cavity Barrier to the cavity.